I literally live in baggy jumpers. I don't know when the obsession started or how I acquired so many of them, but apart from the recent sunny holiday I was on, I don't remember the last time I went more than 24 hours without wearing one.
I love the idea of wearing pretty blouses and tight t-shirts but actually, if it's colder than 20 degrees outside (I'm in the UK so basically all the time), blouses aren't practical and normally my day has some food intake (okay a lot) involved and so the idea of a tight anything stresses me out. Couple that with the fact that I don't love having my arms out, the answer is simple: baggy jumper time.
But unfortunately my life isn't spent on the sofa and from time to time, I need to make my baggy jumpers smart. Luckily, after 20 years of practise, I think i've got it sussed, so I wanted to share with you the tips I have learnt that will help you hide the food baby and feel like a complete glamour puss as you do it.
1) Wear a long necklace. Not only are you giving fashion a high five, you're breaking up what could be perceived as a boring block of nothing.
2) Tie up your hair and pop in some big earrings. I still don't know the science of this one, but I know that it works. The focus is on your face and neck (which are super smart) so they're not focussing so much on the jummy.
3) Go weird with the trousers. Leather, patterned, whatever - go as quirky as you can and then it is totally acceptable, encouraged even, to chill out on top.
4) Pair it with some fancy boots or killer heels. For the same reason as number 3. I think there is something really cool about this look, it's like the 'I'm so sexy and I don't even know how I do it...'
5) Hide it underneath a smart jacket. Although this slightly defeats the point, as long as there is a chill in the air, you can get away with this one. The only time it doesn't work is when you're at your local supermarket on a Sunday morning with no bra and pyjamas on as well.
So there you have it. I've been bouncing between and combining these tricks for years and always seem to get away with it, so go forth and cover ladies and be confident in the knowledge that beauty no longer means pain.
PS. I got this jumper from Zara last week for £9.99 in the sale and it is literally the softest damn thing that I've ever worn in my life! xx